What we do and what you'll need
To schedule a staking appointment, call 800-842-7708 and select option 3. Then, a Bluebonnet technician will meet you at your property to determine the needs and requirements for electric service.
To ensure the process goes as smoothly as possible, you'll need to do the following:
- Know the location of the property lines, septic system, telephone, cable, gas and water lines.
- Mark the four corners of the structure.
- Provide a copy of your deed or contract of sale to verify ownership of property.
- Have access to additional easements to provide service to your location, as necessary. We’ll also determine whether any rights-of-way must be cleared or trimmed before the line is built.
- Consult with your builder or electrician to learn the size of your electric load. If it will exceed 200 amps, an electric load analysis is required. Download commercial load sheet or residential load sheet.
- Know the permanent location of the metering point.
With the above information, we’ll work with you to design the most direct or preferred route by you and discuss if you want overhead or underground service.
Once this is decided, our technician will place stakes where the pole and guy wires will be and determine the necessary engineering to provide you service. And, if all the details for the line construction have been finalized, we can also provide the cost.